2018 End of Year Resolution Analysis

At the start of a new year I always like to look back at my new year’s resolutions from the previous year as I do have the tendency that so many of us do to make such resolutions.
Cutting straight to the point, let’s look at the resolutions.

#1. Play 52 games.
Status: Complete
Comments: Looking back at the blog posts I didn’t list this on the resolutions post from January but I always hold this as a goal for myself.  Not only did I get my 52 games this year, I blew it out of the water hitting the 100! game mark which I’ve never done before.  Hooray!  I believe I was even more excited for this than anything else since I managed 78 in 2017 and wanted to see if I could duplicate the achievement.

#2. Finish painting the US Flames of War Army
Status: Complete
Comments: I did indeed complete my US army for Adepticon and currently have no US models unpainted.  I did predict I wouldn’t finish the Germans, and indeed I did not.  I’ve completed all the vehicles for them, but have hardly started on the infantry.

#3. Finish painting the Space Marines
Status: Incomplete
Comments: I was gung-ho when I won that Space Marine army in a raffle and had immediately started fixing it up, but that didn’t last as I wanted it to.  I managed to, by the end of 2018 paint quite a bit, however I’m still left with 16 of the 61 models unpainted.  Still that’s 45 models done which is something to be proud of, right?  I mean, it’s a fieldable 1,500 point army, so I can go play in tournaments with it for sure.

#4. Play Local
Status: Incomplete
Comments: This was based off the Space Marine army.  I was wanting to get more local games in and that was going to be based off going to the local store which hosts 40k tournaments every month.  In total, I managed to attend a whopping 1 local 40k tournament and that wasn’t even until November, so nearly at the end of the year.  I’m disappointed in myself, but no matter how you shake it, it’s a failure.

#5. YouTube Videos.
Status: Complete
Comments: Now, while I will say that some of my videos were kind of a cop-out; those being the ones of a video game (World of Tanks) so not my miniature gaming hobby I still did managed to pump out 17 videos over the course of the year.  With a goal of a video every month, I’d call that a success.

Well, that’s it.  I wasn’t quite brave enough to list my resolutions in January by numbers whereas I did break them up into 5 distinct goals for the year end wrap here.  Going 3 for 5 I can’t complain.

There were also some personal goals that I didn’t list at all which was to be significantly more involved in producing content for the show.  I’ve always been really crap about posting to the blog and I had set myself a goal of a blog post every week in 2018.  I managed to post 46 individual blog posts this year that were not plugs for the Podcasts, or Videos.  That’s 42 pieces that I chose to write up that were specifically for reading.  Pretty solid.
Finally, I wanted to make sure that I put out 2 pieces of audio content every month and when everything is said and done I managed to put out 23 individual pieces of audio.  Now the Extra Episodes often tend to only be about 5-10 minutes in length, but I only missed one of those over the year and I did manage to get out main episodes every month.  Again, pretty solid results I think.
 
So, I’m busily working on some more uniformed predictions for next year and I’m pretty excited to see what I come up with.  Check back next week to see what I’ve come up with and have a Happy New Year!

Comments