2017 Game Wrap-up / 2018 Resolutions


Every year I do a game wrap-up. I keep track of every miniature game I own. Its my way of deciding if my Hobby is earning its keep. My goal is to play 52 miniature games a year (one for every week) and if I manage that I consider it a success. In the 9 years I've been keeping track I've only hit that mark 3 times and this year excitedly makes 4. Not to mention it blows the other years out of the awter wrapping me up at a stupendous 77 miniature games played which for me is an incredibly high amount.

I also have a goal to win more than half of my games which this year I did not achieve. Combining all the systems I play I won 36, lost 31 and drew 10 of my games. I still won more than lost which I guess is a good thing. At least I'm not completely slipping.

I also always like to do a little total up of what systems I played and boy do I appreciate playing 2 seasons of Blood Bowl this year since that is what boosted my numbers to such a high mark.

GameGames Played
Age of Sigmar : 23
Blood Bowl : 24
Frostgrave : 8
Kings of War : 5
Warhammer 40k : 6
Wild West Exodus : 12

So of the 7 games systems I own models for I played 6. The 7th being Flames of War which I actually started out 2018 with as my first game that I played on New Years Day with a win. How exciting.

I don't know if I'll ever hit that lofty 77 games again, but we'll see. Currently this year I know I've got probably 7 games coming up for Adepticon. At least 12 from my monthly game nights and Season 3 of our Blood Bowl League is about to kick off again so 14/15 from that. Only netting me 33 games there I'll have to squeeze some more tournaments in somewhere but I think after my amazing showing this year I'm almost certain to falter for 2018.

One thing I also kept track of this year because I started playing again was Dungeons & Dragons. While not a miniature game I thought it might be interesting to see how many hours were logged on that. Now I only sat on 9 sessions but managed to wrack up a nice 28 hours and 50 minutes of entertainment there. Just over a days worth of D&D. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze some more of that in for 2018 as well.

So with that, Happy New Year and good luck in your gaming!

Comments